Summer is upon us, riv season is in full swing, and let’s be honest, all anyone can think about is the upcoming break. Here is a list of the perfect endless summer movies to watch with friends to get you excited for the happiest time of year.
1. As one of the most classic summer movies, Grease should be at the top of your list, bringing you back to the 1950s: a time of poodle skirts, leather jackets, and drive-ins. Will new girl Sandy and greaser Danny’s summer romance last when school starts? “Summer Lovin” and the rest of the soundtrack will be stuck in your head for days.
2. The Parent Trap is a heartwarming movie about long lost twins who meet for the first time at summer camp. If you can get past the fact that it takes identical twins quite some time to realize they are related, this movie can make you nostalgic of your summer camp days. If you are looking for something to do, find a friend and learn Annie and Martin’s handshake. Just don’t pierce anyone’s ears!
3. With summer being so close, all you want to do is enjoy the freedom it gives. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is about a high schooler who ‘borrows’ a Ferrari and plays hooky for the day. This movie is a must see.
4. The Sandlot is the classic story of a summer of dreams and bildungsroman. Baseball earns its title of “America’s pastime,” as it manages to create a bond between a group of misfits who share a common passion. The Beast and a Babe-Ruth-signed baseball make for a crazy adventure!
5. Dirty Dancing is the tale of forbidden love at a summer resort in the Catskills. Baby and Johnny’s 1963 love story is filled with emotional moments, great dancing, and a soundtrack that will be stuck in your head for the next three months. If you want to laugh, cry, and master a few fancy tricks for next year’s Semi-Formal dance, you’ll have “the time of your life” watching this classic 80’s movie.
6. Finding Nemo is an epic story of a father looking for his lost son as he travels the great blue sea, making some surprising friends along the way. Lean back and enjoy the ride through the ocean like Crush the turtle, and stay chill when you see the sharks. If this movie is one of your favorites, go check out the sequel, Finding Dory!
7. If you need a good laugh, Grown Ups is the movie for you. Reunited at their old basketball coach’s funeral, a group of middle aged men learn that neither time nor divergent life paths can destroy their friendship. They spend an unforgettable weekend at a lake house, bonding with each other and their families.
8. You can follow Bethany Hamilton’s story in Soul Surfer. This inspiring, true story will leave you in awe of the professional surfer’s determination and passion for surfing.
9. Two classic Disney summer movies, High School Musical 2 and Camp Rock, need to be on your summer watch list. Whether you watch them alone or with a couple of friends, these movies are hard not to love.